Discover the Enchanting Beauty of East Ruston Old Vicarage Garden in Norfolk, UK
Nestled in the picturesque countryside of Norfolk, UK, lies the hidden gem known as East Ruston Old Vicarage Garden. This magnificent garden is a testament to the passion and dedication of its owners, Alan Gray and Graham Robeson. With its stunning array of plants, unique design concepts, and tranquil atmosphere, East Ruston Old Vicarage Garden is a paradise for nature lovers and horticultural enthusiasts alike.
A Labor of Love
What started as a neglected garden has been transformed into a horticultural masterpiece over the past few decades. Alan and Graham, both avid gardeners, purchased the property in 1973 and began their ambitious journey to create a garden that would inspire and captivate visitors from all around the world.
The design of East Ruston Old Vicarage Garden is a harmonious blend of traditional and contemporary styles. The garden spans over 32 acres and is divided into various themed areas, each with its own distinct character and charm. From the vibrant colours of the Mediterranean Garden to the peaceful serenity of the Wild Garden, there is something to delight every visitor.
- The Mediterranean Garden: As you step into the Mediterranean Garden, you are transported to a sun-drenched paradise. Filled with aromatic herbs, vibrant blooms, and architectural features, this garden exudes the essence of the Mediterranean.
- The Exotic Garden: A true tropical oasis, the Exotic Garden showcases an impressive collection of exotic plants from around the world. With its lush foliage, towering palms, and vibrant flowers, you’ll feel like you’ve been transported to a distant tropical paradise.
- The Desert Wash: Inspired by the arid landscapes of the American Southwest, the Desert Wash is a unique and captivating area of the garden. Featuring drought-tolerant plants, cacti, and succulents, this garden is a striking contrast to the lush surroundings.
- The Walled Garden: Enclosed by ancient brick walls, the Walled Garden is a tranquil haven filled with beautifully manicured lawns, vibrant borders, and elegant sculptures. It is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the peaceful ambiance.
Events and Workshops
East Ruston Old Vicarage Garden hosts a variety of events and workshops throughout the year, providing visitors with the opportunity to learn from the experts and immerse themselves in the world of gardening. From guided tours and plant sales to gardening demonstrations and art exhibitions, there is always something exciting happening at the garden.
- Location: East Ruston Old Vicarage, Norwich, Norfolk, UK
- Opening Hours: The garden is open to visitors from March to October, with specific opening hours available on their website.
- Admission: There is an admission fee, with discounts available for children, seniors, and group bookings.
- Facilities: The garden offers a tearoom serving delicious homemade treats and a plant sales area where visitors can purchase plants and souvenirs.
East Ruston Old Vicarage Garden is a testament to the power of passion and creativity. With its stunning design, diverse plant collections, and welcoming atmosphere, it is no wonder that this garden has become a beloved destination for garden enthusiasts and nature lovers from around the world. A visit to East Ruston Old Vicarage Garden is not only a feast for the senses but also an opportunity to be inspired and connect with the beauty of nature.